Welcome to the new academic year, Titans!
The Pollak Library invites you to the reopening of our Book Sale Center this Wednesday, September 5th, from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The Book Sale Center
The Patrons of the Library, in cooperation with the Emeriti of Cal State Fullerton, and support from OLLI volunteers, operate the Book Sale Center as a way to directly support the Pollak Library by providing the campus community with an inexpensive and convenient way to purchase used books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, and sheet music.
- Hardback nonfiction: $5.00
- Paperback nonfiction: $3.00
- Hardback fiction: $2.00
- Paperback fiction: $1.00
- Art books: $10.00
- 2 years old or newer: $15.00
- Older than 2 years: $10.00
- DVDs: $2.00
- CDs and tapes: $1.00
- Magazines: $0.25
- National Geographic, pre-1960: $1.00
- Sheet music: $2.00
Proceeds from the Book Sale Center go back to the Pollak Library. Your purchases directly support the Library!
So how does this work?
When the Library receives in-kind gifts, these materials go to one of three places:
- into the general library collection,
- into our Special Collections,
- or to the Book Sale Center.
The Book Sale Center is open the following days and times this semester:
- Wednesdays: 12:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Book Sale Center has a new location, in the southeast corner of the Pollak Library (in Library South 199). Please note that the entrance is located outside of the building, right off the quad.
The Patrons of the Library
The Patrons of the Library are the university’s earliest support group, founded in 1965. They strengthen the Library by:
- Augmenting the Library’s holdings through purchase of a wide range of books and other library materials.
- Attracting gifts to the Library of books, money, and time.
- Promoting the Library’s educational mission to the University and the community.
To date, the Patrons have donated over $2 million to the Library!
Would you like to take a bigger role in supporting the Pollak Library? Be a Patron! Join the Patrons of the Library today!