The Library has invited a representative from bepress Digital Commons (http://digitalcommons.bepress.com) to show us software that I believe could be of great interest to colleges, departments and offices across campus, not just in the library.
Some of the uses for this institutional repository software include:
- Publishing online CSUF faculty- or student-produced journals or books
- Highlighting faculty research and publishing with the “Selected Works” module
- Managing conference and events, including proceedings
- Assisting grant recipients with requirements to make data public
- Creating image galleries
- Publishing graduate student electronic theses or projects
- Showcasing archival and other unique collections.
If you know of someone in your college, department or unit that you believe would be interested in learning about this software, the dates and times for the presentations are as follows:
- Monday 10/28 – Session 1: 12 noon – 1:30 pm
- Monday 10/28 – Session 2: 2:00 – 3:30 pm
- Tuesday 10/29 – Session 3: 8:30 – 10:00 am
All sessions will be held in PLS-360 in the Pollak Library. The presentation will take about an hour with optional Q & A afterwards. Coffee and tea will be provided.
Please feel free to forward this message to anyone who you think might be interested.
Susan Tschabrun, MLS, Ph.D.
Interim University Librarian
Paulina June & George Pollak Library